If you read my last post you will know that Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the fashions and of course the best part of Fall is the food! I especially love my pumpkin latte’s from Starbucks and eagerly fight the long lines just to taste that hot yummy goodness. But let’s break it down at almost $5 bucks a pop this fall addiction can land me in the poor house not to mention I don’t always have time to swing by a Starbucks.
After searching and trying to make this at home and failing miserably. I finally found an awesome new solution, the crock pot! Yes I said it the crock pot, I came across this wonderful site called “Get Crocked” and totally fell in love! Crock pot cooking is probably one of my favorite ways to cook let alone in the fall. It is so easy to prepare ingredients, throw in pot and go about your day while your meal cooks either on low, medium or high. So I was very pleasantly surprised to see a recipe for Pumpkin Lattes!
Below is the recipe on how to make your very own Pumpkin Latte in the crock pot. This is a fun twist to cooking your favorite coffee concoction either for yourself or for a fun party event. However, you plan to serve it you will really enjoy this yummy fall goodness!
Crock Pot Pumpkin Latte Ingredients:
- 4 c. of unsweetened coconut milk (or 2 cans of coconut milk)
- 1/4 c. canned pumpkin without added sugar
- 2 T. vanilla extract
- 1/2–1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle of cloves and nutmeg
- 1 c. of strong coffee or 3/4 cup espresso
- Heavy cream for whipping (optional)
1. Pour all ingredients except heavy cream into crock pot.
2. Use immersion blender or whisk to mix well.
3. Crock on High for 2 hours until hot and the flavors blend.
You can add heavy whipping cream as an optional topping.
For more information on this recipe you can follow the link here: